We provide timely, high quality laboratory results for the diagnosis and treatment of our cancer and hematology patients, as well as meet the research needs of our internal as well as external investigators.
This ensures Texas Children’s Hospital’s dedication to providing the finest possible pediatric patient care, education and research. Thus, resulting in a community of healthy children. The visions of Texas Children’s Hospital and the Texas Children’s Hospital Integrated Delivery System are an active part of the mission of the core laboratory services offered by the cancer and hematology centers.
We are dedicated to our patients and a community of healthy children by providing:
- Timely and accurate patient results for complete blood counts, routine cytogenetic, fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH), and flow cytometry procedures.
- Timely assistance for the collection of bone marrow, preparation of bone marrow smears for staining and submission of bone marrow for special tests.
- Reliable research support services in the areas of cytogenetics, flow cytometry, DNA genotyping, gene expression and protein profiling services.
- Assurance of laboratory compliance with CAP, JCAHO and OSHA.
- Quality assurance through daily quality monitoring and established quality improvement goals.
- Continuing education for laboratory technologists via in-services, technical competency testing, continuing education credit and laboratory seminars.
- Quality communication within the departments of Texas Children’s Hospital