New patients must have their referring physician contact us
at 1-800-CANCER9 (1-800-226-2379)
A telephone call from your physician is required in order to make an appointment at Texas Children's Cancer and Hematology Centers. During this phone call, your child's case is discussed and it is decided how soon the patient should be scheduled for an appointment at the Texas Children's Cancer and Hematology Centers. This conversation also helps to determine what laboratory tests will be necessary at the time of the visit.
Scheduling an Appointment
Once a referral is obtained, the Referral Coordinator will call the parents to arrange their child’s appointment at our Medical Center or West Campus location. The parents may also call to make their appointment by calling our SHARE Desk at 832-822-4240.
What to Bring to Your First Appointment
Bring as many of the following items as possible to the first appointment:
- Immunization & medical records of the patient (Release of Medical Information Form)
- Any x-rays and/or scans that have been obtained (preferably on a CD if available)
- If available, please bring pathology slides and paraffin blocks
- Proof of insurance [+] Insurance Accepted by Texas Children's Hospital
- A complete list of all medications your child is taking, including over the counter medications and herbals (alternative medicines)
- The Social Security Number of the insurance holder to verify insurance coverage
- Please print and complete these forms and bring them with you