Solid Tumor Clinical Research Track
- Develops expertise in clinical research methodology with specific emphasis on the design and proper conduct of phase I, II, and III clinical studies as they pertain to children with solid tumors.
- Develops expertise in the fundamentals of the treatment of solid tumors.
- Develops knowledge regarding a current understanding of the molecular events involved in the development of solid tumors.
- Gain expertise in the development of correlative studies that incorporate new diagnostic technologies, neuroimaging techniques, and treatment modalities.
- Understand the ethical and regulatory issues involved in research, including special protections afforded to children, appropriate recruitment of minorities into clinical trials, and the role of the Institutional Review Board.
Solid Tumor Clinical Research Track Mentors
Dr. Si Yi Chen